Eat more vegetables & spend less on groceries
Our Food Box program will change the way you eat!
Your Food Box membership includes:
- 18 weeks of seasonal vegetables, strawberries and fresh-baked bread from our farm
- Face to face time with the farmers who grow your food
- Food that is certified organic by Pro-Cert Organic, harvested at its very freshest
- Access to meal plans and recipe ideas
- Flavour that you won’t find at the grocery store.
What's in a Food Box?
Bread: Every week there will be one loaf of fresh organic artisan spelt bread with your name on it. Spelt is similar to whole wheat, offering a sweeter, slightly nutty flavour.
Vegetables: Over the course of the season we will offer you over 30 kinds of vegetables. This will include lots of the staples: tomatoes, onions, carrots, salad greens and potatoes; some veggies that are less common: kohlrabi, chard, kale and ground cherries; and many vegetables in between. We do not grow cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, parsnip, or corn.
Strawberries: Our strawberries produce from June through to October with a break in the hot summer heat, so you can expect berries in more than half of the weekly boxes.
Our crops are certified organic by Pro-Cert Organic, and you can learn all about our growing practices here.
Tuesday on-farm pick-up
Beginning in mid-June and for 18 weeks, you will pick up your Food Box on on the farm (3711 Highway 38) on Tuesdays from 3:00pm to 9:00pm.
From 3:00pm to 6:00pm Our market-style pick up lets you choose/swap your vegetables and is a great way to get to know your farmers.
From 6:00pm to 9:00pm Grab & go - boxes are pre-packed and ready to take home.
If you are away or cannot pick up your Food Box on Tuesday, you can arrange to pick up within 24 hours or send a friend to pick up your box.
How do I pay?
- You can pay by: cheque, cash or e-transfer
- You can pay in full when you register, or in two instalments
Once you've signed up, we'll send you an email with payment details!
But what if I don’t like something?
Can I swap things? (YES!)
As you fill your Food Box, you can swap your veggies or bread with those in the Swap Box and bring home more of the produce you love and less of the produce you don’t!
Join the community & we’ll help you change the way you eat
For some people, joining a Food Box can be daunting – each week we send you home with a box of food and you have to figure out what to do with it. By becoming a member of the Food Box program, you will:
- Get to talk to your farmers face to face each week
- Receive a weekly newsletter with stories from the farm and recipe ideas
- Be invited to join our Facebook community where you’ll meet other members and access meal plans, recipes and cooking inspiration
- Receive online coaching and support to help you cook incredible meals and learn to put food away for the winter
- Be invited to a summer farm tour so that you can get your hands in the dirt and learn more about where your food comes from
Our Food Box program is probably a great fit for you if...
- You like to cook, and eat the majority of your meals at home
- You care about using high quality, great-tasting, fresh, organic ingredients
- You want to get to know your farmer and know about where your food comes from
- You want to stop by our farm each week to pick up your food
- You like to try new foods and new recipes